You Move Me - Jenny Powell

Go down

You Move Me - Jenny Powell

Post  g00eY on Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:03 am

Such a powerful song. Listen to it, and weep at the greatness of God.

Last edited by g00eY on Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
g00eY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: You Move Me - Jenny Powell

Post  joshuaphua1 on Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:59 pm

Don't forget to weep.

joshuaphua1

View user profile http://www.xanga.com/melmel489

Back to top Go down

Post  g00eY on Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:54 pm

Here are the extended lyrics that Grace found online:

"And do you know how you’ve caught my eye? In the secret place. where you chose to die.
do you know the way you move me? do you know the way you move me?
cause i’ve seen you there. longing to be mine. and i’ve heard the cry in the middle of the night. and i’ve seen you there reaching for understanding. and i’ve seen you there, longing to be mine. and i’ve heard you say i will go anywhere and i will do anything. i will give everything just to be with you just to be with you. and i heard your words and i remember the vow of your youth. i remember the vow of your ’yes’. i remember the very setting of your soul...
and do you know how you’ve caught my eye? in the secret place where you chose to die.
do you know the way you move me? do you know the way you move me? you’ve ravished my heart! you’re my favorite one, you’re the only one, when i look at you you’re the only one i see. you’ve ravished me! and i would stop the whole wide world, and i would stop this entire room just to tell you that my eyes are on you that my heart is for you. and i would stop this whole wide world and i would stop this entire room just to tell you you’re not alone. you’re not alone! its not in vain. all this reaching and all this longing -its not in vain! wisdom will be justified just hang on and dont give up. dont give in. if you don’t quit you win, YOU WIN! listen to me...
do you know how you’ve caught my eye? in the secret place where you chose to die.
turn your eye away. for your eyes overwhelm me. you’re beautiful as tears, awesome as jealous love. you’re awesome as an army with banners and you only see your weakness but i see strength. cause there are so many-there’s a multitude that will never look back but you keep on looking even though you’re looking through a mirror dimly lit. but you keep on looking even though there’s unbelief and doubt-but listen, listen.. you keep on coming and you keep onlooking and you keep on seeking and you keep on knocking and you keep on asking AND YOU KEEP ON LOVING ME! and thats all i ask.. you dont even know the strength that you possess. so many would have grown bitter a long long time ago but you keep on coming and you keep on staying pliable underneath my hand. and i understand there’s pressure but you dont give up and you dont give in... if you dont quit YOU WIN!
i’ll just say it. just don’t give up, dont give in! cause you’re more than a conquerer. you’re more than this. you’re the one i want! YOU’RE THE ONE I WANT! is it enough for you just to know you’re the one i want? if man never sees you, if you never move a man is it enough to know that you’ve moved me. AM I ENOUGH FOR YOU? cause you’re more than enough for me.
cause all the angels they dont move me and the strength of men do nothing for me. but your glance, just that one glance that one setting of your heart to be mine. to go all the way. there are so few that want to go all the way. but you’re the one i want, am i enough for you? is it enough for you just to know that you’ve moved me? and if you never move man is it enough for you to know that you’ve moved my heart.
you’re not just a project, there’s more than just pity going on. you’re not just a trophy to show people how merciful i am -mercy is yours-but theres something more than that. you’re the one i want! YOU’RE THE ONE I WANT LIKE A FIRE WITHIN ME!! is it enough just knowing that you move me? forever and ever and ever i want you to be with me where i am. cause you’re the one i want!!!
and do you know, how you’ve caught my eye. in the secret place where you chose to die.
....you’re not just my project. you’re the one i want! there’s more than just pity.. you’re the one i want..............you’re the one i want! of all of creation you’re the favorite one, you’re the only one.
so few look back and even the ones who do so often lose their way. but you-my dove-my perfect one. you’ve set your heart to go all the way. i’ll take you there.. all the way. if everything is what you’ll give......you’ve ravished me!
did you really mean it when you said that you would go anywhere? and did you really mean it when you said that you’d be mine forever? and did you really mean it when you vowed that you’d do anything ? just give me everything and i’lll give you everything everything everything everything."

Yea, super long. I haven't even read through all of it yet.

Here is a link where you can download a version I recorded off the Prayer Room last Wednesday night:

4shared.com/file/61968963/9c9bc172/You_Move_Me.html
g00eY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:30 am

if anyone knows of the original recording
please post it up here

i desire!!

Grace

View user profile

Back to top Go down